Thursday, November 17, 2011

Home and "chronicles of the shadow wars"

As some of you are already aware of I grew up abroad. This lead to a very special connection to the concept of "home".
While to most people the concept is clear (e.g. "where you live", "where you are from") for people like me this has become a more complex issue. What is home?
When I am in Germany I am the "spanish chick" and when I am in Spain I am the "german chick". So the question is do I have two homes or none?
For me home has therefore a less literal meaning. It is not necessarily where you live or where your family is from, but where you feel safe and loved. It can be a place or the company of a person. A place where I can totally be myself and let down my guard. This is for me the definition of home. After all we say I FEEL at home. So down the line we all sense home rather as an e-motional state then an actual place.
Sometimes I find "home" in the least expected place and for me that is the beauty of it. On the other hand you sometimes don't feel at home in place you actually should or want to feel at home.

After this little philosophical excursion a little update on the "chronicles of the shadow wars". Since the concept is becoming very extense I have decided to break the stories down, so the new title reads:

The chronicles of the shadow wars - Part 1: Claudia

Despite the interruptions the book is developing nicely and my test readers are giving positive feedbacks. I have set myself the deadline of the 31st of March to finish the book, so I can sent it to potentional editors (Although I already have one that seems interested).

I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment